We have many years of experience advising clients on a variety of cross-border transactions for the financing of commercial and cargo aircraft, helicopters, business jets, and aircraft equipment and services.
Our firm has represented the Export-Import Bank of the United States (Ex-Im Bank) on numerous aviation financing transactions. In this capacity, we acted as deal counsel in each transaction. We were responsible for the drafting and negotiation of transaction documents, selection of and coordination with local counsel, review and collection of conditions precedent requirements, and management of security filings and aircraft registrations in all relevant jurisdictions.
We have successfully closed more than 100 transactions valued at over US$5 billion involving the following jurisdictions:
Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business has noted that industry professionals rank our firm as “one of the preeminent aviation finance groups in Washington D.C.”
In addition, our representation of Ex-Im Bank has been recognized with multiple awards by leading publications in the industry:
- 2016 Export Credit Deal of the Year award from Airfinance Journal for the French lease structured Ex-Im Bank guaranteed financing of Boeing 737 aircraft purchased by SunExpress.
- 2012 South America Deal of the Year award from Airfinance Journal for the purchase of engine overhaul services by GOL Linhas Aereas S.A. financed through the direct issuance of Ex-Im Bank-backed bonds.
- 2012 Deal of the Year award from Trade Finance Magazine for the guaranteed financing of ten Boeing 787 (Dreamliner) aircraft for Ethiopian Airlines Enterprise.
- 2012 Africa Deal of the Year from Airfinance Journal for the guaranteed financing of ten Boeing 787 (Dreamliner) aircraft for Ethiopian Airlines Enterprise.
- 2010 African Aircraft Debt Deal of the Year award from Jane’s Transport Finance for the guaranteed financing of five Boeing 777 aircraft for Ethiopian Airlines Enterprise.
- 2008 Latin America Deal of the Year award from Airfinance Journal for the guaranteed financing of four Boeing 777 aircraft for Tam Linhas Aereas S.A.