Our firm specializes in arbitrations relating to investment treaty disputes, anti-dumping measures, breach of government commercial agreements, and political risk insurance. We also advise governments and multilateral institutions in “capacity building” projects to improve the practices, negotiation strategies and legal infrastructure of host states attracting investment under international treaties.
Our firm comprehensive advisory assistance and representation at all stages of investment and commercial disputes, including:
- Representation in the initial stages of trade and investment disputes, including evaluation of arbitration claims, development of dispute resolution strategies and negotiation and settlement of disputes under informal and institutional proceedings;
- Designation of party-appointed arbitrators and expert witnesses;
- Presentation of claims relating to investment disputes and political risk insurance;
- Preparation and submission of arbitration pleadings; and
- Representation in arbitration and alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
We have experience in advising private investors in disputes arising out of concession agreements and other state contracts (conducted under the rules of major international arbitral institutions) and have also represented claimants and respondent states in a variety of arbitration proceedings, including investor-state arbitrations under NAFTA and bilateral investment treaties as well as state-to-state arbitrations under the rules of the World Trade Organization. Members of our team have also acted as arbitrators, advisers and witnesses in political risk insurance and NAFTA arbitrations.